Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The long and winding road

I'm sorry for the brevity of tonight's blog, but I am exhausted.

This morning I visited the Anheuser-Busch brewery before saying farewell to St. Louis. The drive to Chicago was supposed to take only five hours, but of course, I timed my drive to perfectly coincide with Chicago rush hour traffic, it took almost 2 hours to drive the last 25 miles...

After finally getting to my hotel, I walked around the Magnificent Mile for a bit (didn't buy anything yet, I'm gonna do my shopping on Saturday morning) and then I took the subway to a distant Ethiopian restaurant. It was well worth the trip, but it was a 2 1/2 hour round trip endeavor...

Now I'm exhausted, so I'm gonna turn on the TV for the first time all trip, rent a movie, and fall asleep early (I'm aware that early for me is late for many of you...)

Goodnight Chicago!
-Patrick

2 comments:

  1. am enjoying reading every detail...so interested in your food choices...karyn's will be fun...remember there are 2 karyn's...one is just vegetarian, the one we went to all raw...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick!!! Sorry I am just now reading the blog! I love that you are doing this. So fun :). It sounds like you are having a great time and enjoying many fun little experiences. I hope you get lots of rest tonight and enjoy Chicago!!!

    ReplyDelete